What are the latest technologies you should adopt?
Sorry. This page is under construction… things are changing. We are working on putting new content up on this page. We apologize for inconveniencies. Stay tuned… a combination of virtual and physical work spaces, which take advantage of new technologies. The goal of HPWP is to create work environments that best serve the organization’s strategy. The idea behind a HPWP is to synchronize office architecture (be it home office, hotel room, co-working space, or headquarters), technologies, work processes, support services, and management in a way that workers can effectively create more value together.
Augmented Leadership Institute’s five step program starts with setting up a team to reimagine working and to include all stake holders. Usually strategy, HR, architecture, facilities management, IT, project team, and upper management views are represented in the group. Modern collaborative design methods are used in creating the HPWP work space plan. After the HPWP plan is set, a change management plan is needed for implementing the HPWP. From start to finish the project takes between 4 to 12 months.
How to set up a toolbox?
Historical way of thinking about workplace design has been location oriented. Architects have created offices first and then workflows have been adjusted to the limits of the walls. The main idea behind HPWP architecture is to stop seeing workplaces as locations and buildings, but to plan workplace architecture starting from the point of view of workflow efficiency, innovation, collaboration and mobile communication needs.
Offices of the future are designed by planning around human organizational behavior, engagement in physical and virtual spaces, and mobile communication. Future ‘office spaces’ define work flows and communication not only within the organizational boundaries, but also support communication and work outside of the organizational borders. In the new way of thinking, walls are just structures that keep out bad weather, noise, and perhaps some people, but they do not solely define the membership of the organization.
What are the benefits of a balanced virtual toolbox?
- Work efficiency (better connections, communication and work processes)
- Motivation, inspiration and engagement as people feel ownership of their work place
- Cost reduction (for example physical space costs and travel costs)
- Innovations, as ideas are captured and creativity is nurtured
- Flexibility and scalability
- Collaboration, camaraderie and work&play
- Alignment of every day work and vision
- Bonus bullet point
How can Augmented Leadership Institute help you to set up your virtual office?
- HPWP Intro. Getting the project started: presentations, needs analysis, team workshops and ROI
- Managing a HPWP project from start to finish
- Our HPWP five step program to keep you on track
- HPWP trends and future /2013 report
- HPWP strategy for the next decade workshop series
Links to articles that we are inspired by:
Cisco Mobile worker stats
Lessons from coworking spaces
History of cubicles
Communication focused design at Skype
Technology demands new furniture design
The blurred lines of home and office
‘Office’ time is already reduced
Mobile office management system technology example
Citizen office by Vitra furniture design
Less ‘office’ time ahead